Arquivo do blogue

sexta-feira, 24 de maio de 2013

When I look around I see lots of people being something they really aren't just because of what people are saying or the things they might say. I see this. I'm not that naive. But I chose to ignore it. Because I chose not to be part of that. I remember a time when I wanted not to be afraid of being myself. I wanted to show who I am in every single thing I was going to do. Even if nobody else was doing it. 

And now I am.

I was able to change so much about me...my weaknesses...and I'm very proud of myself. It's just so sad to see that nobody else is. People always find something to criticize. They make you feel like, no matter what you do, you will never be good enough. It doesn't matter what you accomplished, it only matters what you haven't got yet. 

We spend most of time telling people who are insecure that they shouldn't care or listen to what people say. Now, on the other hand, there's me. Someone who's able to ignore other people's opinions. Someone who's not afraid to walk on the streets being herself hearing the comments some people make sometimes. And you know what they tell me? That I can't be like that! You really need to decide which one you want because I am so tired of being criticized all the time! I may not be perfect but I am doing a pretty good job on becoming a better me. I don't care if that's not enough for you. Because to me, it is. And it also doesn't matter what you say. Because, although you made me feel bad about myself for some time, I am so over that. 

I'm not going to change. Because I don't care what people have to say about me when I walk on the street. What matters is that I'm happy being me. Always. And you should be ashamed for making me feel bad about who I am. 

That's the truth. 

I'm not the problem here. 

You are.