Arquivo do blogue

domingo, 15 de julho de 2018

Oldie but Goodie

Today I was feeling a little bit nostalgic and started browsing through some old photos. When I came across this one, I realized it's still one of my favorite pictures of myself. I remember the day I took it. I always thought of photographs (nowadays this would be considered a selfie) as a way to cherish memories forever. Keeping that in mind, I used to carry my digital camera around (yes, not my smartphone) and simply took pictures. I didn't care if I was using makeup or if I was wearing the right outfitI didn't care about posing a certain way or choosing the right angle


Currently, we have Instagram. One's timeline can be seen as a reflection of their life. However, sometimes it feels like none of it represents the truth. People take photos keeping in mind what others will think of them and what they think is acceptable. 

When I took this photo I was just being myself (even though I still struggle to find out exactly who that is). I was having a wonderful day and I was feeling comfortable in my own skin. That's it. And that's why it still is one of my favorites