Arquivo do blogue

sábado, 18 de novembro de 2017

Let Me Go

Inspired by Let Me Go (Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso):

You made plans while I made problems. You were making efforts while I was blindly pushing you away. We were back to back, we knew this thing wouldn't last, how could it? I've built these walls so high that you couldn't possibly climb them. I've been doing it for so long I never knew how to stop it. I wished for picture perfect but it seemed unreachable to me. Now I see that I had a picket white fence but I ended up painting it black

I wish I could say you had hurt me harder that I hurt you but we both know that wouldn't be true. 

I've been hoping somebody loves you in the ways I couldn't. Someone who doesn't have this much to change.

I understand why you had to let me go.




And in the end, I was trying to hold on to something I actually never allowed myself to have